"The search and evacuation of the remains of the Sukhoi victims is led by Sukabumi's district military command 0607, Captain Sanusi, with the help of 29 personnel," the Commander of the military resorts, Colonel AM Putranto, told reporters on Tuesday.
The SAR team - comprising personnel from Indonesia's national defence forces, the national police, the mountain and jungle explorer association, as well as several residents - first focused on the location where some residents of Cicurug sub-district found the body parts of the victims.
All the victims' belongings and bodies that are still at the site will be evacuated immediately without exception. Putranto said he expected the evacuation process to be completed in a day.
"The belongings and remains of the victims have been kept separate from the identified body parts examined previously at Keramat Jati Police Hospital in Jakarta. We have coordinated with the hospital to identify these new human remains, and to whom those remains belong to," he added.(IGT)
: Masuki
COPYRIGHT © ANTARA 2026
Dilarang keras mengambil konten, melakukan crawling atau pengindeksan otomatis untuk AI di situs web ini tanpa izin tertulis dari Kantor Berita ANTARA.