"Six of the 36 houses had been totally damaged, 14 heavily, and 16 others lightly," he said in Ambon on Sunday.
The wind blowing at a speed of 80 KM per hour also seriously damaged a building, and a church at Elat was heavily damaged.
According to early official data, the material loss caused by the whirlwind had been estimated at Rp1.5 billion.
Kilfy said the regional disaster mitigation agency and the Southeast Maluku social service have established coordination to channel assistance to the disaster location on March 24, 2012.
Earlier, Ambon port administrator public relations officer Djoko acknowledged that he has banned inter-insular passenger boats from sailing, as strong wind is blowing at a speed of 40 km per hour, and the waves reached a height of 2 - 6 meters.(IGT)
: Masuki
COPYRIGHT © ANTARA 2026
Dilarang keras mengambil konten, melakukan crawling atau pengindeksan otomatis untuk AI di situs web ini tanpa izin tertulis dari Kantor Berita ANTARA.