The Balinese people have very strong spiritual roots and despite the large influx of tourists over the years, their culture is still very much alive and unique showing their tradition, beliefs, superstitions, history and the survival of its people.
The largest celebrations of the culture held in Bali as well as by the Balinese Hindu communities is Nyepi
Nyepi is a Hindu feast day to celebrate Saka New Year which the majority of the Balinese population follow. On this day Hindis do amati geni - inner and outer self-cleansing from all the sins that have been done during the life of the world and begging the Almighty God for power and a better life in the future.
Nyepi means quiet or silent. On Nyepi all the Hindu people in Bali perform self-reflection to become pure, clean, holy and spiritual. Therefore, all activities in Bali are cancelled, only public hospital facilities are open.
The rituals actually begin two days before Nyepi with the Melasti ceremony. On this day hundreds of people from each village carry temple artifacts to beaches for purifcation. The day before Nyepi is known as Tawur Kesanga or Pengerupuk and is the day on which evil spirits are driven away during the famous Ogoh-Ogoh Parade.
The day after Nyepi is called Ngembak Geni. After successfully completing their day of restraint and purifcation people feel very happy and enjoy going out to visit family and friends to ask forgiveness for past mistakes. Hindu Balinese, wherever they are living, always endeavor to celebrate Nyepi, but it is on the island of Bali itself that you can sense the special nature of this unique holiday.
Discover the Nyepi experience at Swiss-Belinn Legian, Bali. Enjoy the tranquillity with the special Nyepi Package for only IDR 1.850.000net
- 3D/2N stay in a Superior Room including breakfast for 2 guests
- 1 Lunch & Dinner on Nyepi day, March 28th 2017
- 1 Free mini bar upon check in (coca cola, mineral water, Pringles chips & peanuts)
- Rate includes 21% government tax & service
Terms and Conditions
- Upgradeable to a Deluxe room for an additional IDR. 100.000 net/room/night
- Third Person with extra bed IDR 840.000 net/pax
- Children 6-10 years, sharing bed with parents, additional IDR 340.000 net/pax
- Booking Period : January 08th - March 26th, 2017
- Stay Period : March 27th - 29th, 2017
Reservations can be made at the Front Office or by phone +62 361 760300 extension "0" or through email firstname.lastname@example.org (*)